We created Manna Bars to provide a good source of fiber, magnesium, and other micronutrients that are commonly missing from the standard American diet. So today we wanted to share some of the health benefits of Manna Bars with you. We hear plenty of talk about macros these days, but at Manna Nutrition we strive to shed light on the less famous micronutrients that our body’s need to function well and reach optimal health.
“The body only needs small amounts of minerals, but if it is depleted of any one, it can be disastrous to your health.” That being said, let’s talk about magnesium. According to stats, more than 55% of Americans are magnesium deficient!
The easy remedy? Chocolate.
You’ll find raw cacao powder and 100% cacao chocolate chips in Manna Bars because cacao is an amazing source of magnesium aka the master mineral, which is a vital component of more than 300 metabolic processes in the body including energy (ATP) production.
The Kuna people of Panama who consume up to 40 cups of cacao per week have less than a 10% risk of stroke, heart failure, cancer, and diabetes. Cacao benefits your heart, blood vessels, brain, nervous system, and helps combat diabetes and other conditions rooted in inflammation.
Always tired? Try a Manna Bar a day and see how it boosts your energy levels!
What makes Manna Bar sweet?
We sweeten Manna Bars with a combination of dates, chicory root fiber, and organic agave nectar.Benefits of Chicory Root Fiber…
- Chicory Root Fiber supports liver health and increases flow of bile.
- Helps optimize fiber that feeds digestive flora (gut health).
- Contains polyphenolic antioxidant compounds.
- Virtually zero glycemic impact - good for those on a low glycemic diet.
- Good source of beta-carotene.
- Promotes healthy bowel movements.
Benefits of Agave Nectar...
- Agave nectar is a natural alternative to refined sugars and artificial sweeteners.
- Its glycemic index value is low compared to other sweeteners.
- It is unrefined and free from additives.
- Provides sweetness without sugar rush.
Benefits of Dates…
- Dates are low on the glycemic index and do not significantly raise blood sugar levels.
- A good source of fiber which helps lower cholesterol, prevent/fight obesity, and heart disease.
- Contain B Vitamins that helps with metabolism and formation of new blood cells.
- A good source of potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc.
- Can relieve constipation or irregular bowel and regulate the digestive process.
- Promote bone health with selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
- Stimulate growth of health bacteria and inhibit growth of pathological organisms.
- A good source of iron - combats anemia.
- Combat fatigue and sluggishness.
- Contain zinc which promotes immunity and may decrease allergies.
That's a DATE!
We've used raw Sunflower Lecithin to boost Manna Bar nutrient content. Unlike soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin is extracted through a cold press system without chemical solvents. It is the only lecithin which is chemical free and raw.
- It's a fatty substance that occurs naturally in a variety of plants.
- Promotes cellular health. “Healthy cells, health body.”
- Promotes liver and heart function.
- It is believed to improve cognitive functions such as memory and learning capacity.
- Rich in choline and other essential fatty acids.
- It contains as much linoleic acid as olive oil.
- Contains phospholipids used to repair, strengthen, and produce brain cells and nerve cells.
- Contains some of the most powerful antioxidants.
We added a bit of Organic Coconut Oil to Manna Bars as well.
Check out some of the amazing benefits…
- Helps convert LDL (bad cholesterol) to HDL (good cholesterol).
- Contains lauric acid which reduces candida, fights bacteria, and viruses.
- Helps the body absorb fat soluble vitamins including calcium and magnesium.
- Can improve gut health by destroying bad bacteria and candida.
- Good source of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs).
- Promotes weight-loss and breakdown of adipose tissue (stored excess body fat).
- Good source of unsaturated fats which do not raise LDL.
Our Cacao Cashew Brownie Bar has an Organic Cashew Butter base. This butter provides a good source of copper, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, and zinc.
- Copper is used in the elimination of free radicals, development of bone & connective tissue, energy production, and collagen and elastin for one, joint, and blood vessel health.
- Cashew butter is also a good source of magnesium which helps the body utilize vitamin D.
- Contains biotin which promotes health hair and skin.
- May help diminish headaches, improve cognitive ability, and lower blood pressure.
- Contains flavonoids that inhibit cancer cell proliferation.
- Zero cholesterol.
- Contains oleic acid which contributes to HDL (good cholesterol) levels.
Cacao Cashew Brownie also contains maca root powder. Maca is a nutrient dense adaptogen and super food that naturally boosts energy and stamina when consumed on a regular basis. Adaptogens naturally help the body adapt to stress.
- Maca is a member of the cruciferous family (like broccoli and cabbage) having a positive effect on hormone balance, energy levels, and overall health.
- Contains more calcium than milk.
- Considered a natural aphrodisiac and promotes fertility.
- Boost energy and sense of well-being.
- Restores hormone imbalance and elevates “feel good” endorphins.
- Contains 8 of the 9 essential amino acids.
- Contains 20 free-form fatty acids.
- Contains calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sulfur, and iron.
- Rich in phytonutrients.
- Helps regulate PMS and PCOS.
- Has a positive effect on energy, stamina, and mood.
Cherry Almond Chocolate Chip is made with organic almond butter, which packs a powerful punch!
Benefits of Almond Butter…
- A good source of fiber which benefits cholesterol levels + reduces risk of coronary heart disease by 33% according to Linus Paling Institute.
- Low in carbs, yet high in fat and fiber which leaves a YOU full and satisfied longer.
- Almond butter reduces hunger and desire to eat later in the day – one study found that people who eat almonds daily reduced their overall calorie intake and unhealthy snacking and were less likely to over consume carbs.
- Nuts in diet may help reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
- Ancient Ayurvedic practitioners believed almonds increased brain capacity and intellectual ability.
- Contains antioxidants + flavonoids namely, pyhtosterol and Vitamin E, plant-based compounds that improve artery health and reduce inflammation.
- Lowers LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Supports healthy #metabolism.
"The Mother Seed"
Organic Quinoa Crisps in our Cherry Almond Chocolate Chip bar provide…
- Iron and lysine involved in tissue growth & repair.
- A good source of magnesium which is involved in nerve impulses, body temperature, detoxification, energy production, and formation of health bones and teeth.
- A dource of riboflavin (B2) which is involved in energy metabolism within the brain and muscle cells. Helps create proper energy production in cells.
- Contains manganese, an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals.
- Quinoa is NOT a grain, it is a pseudo-grain. It is a seed from a vegetable related to Swiss chard, spinach, and beets.
- Contains complete protein (provides all 9 essential amino acids).
- A good source of B Vitamins, magnesium, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E, and fiber.
Ready to take the Manna Bar a day challenge? Grab a taste of Manna HERE.